Kids D&D: Winter Session
It is a Time of Peace in Faerun. It has remained so for countless years. Wars are a thing of the past. Most cities dotting the Sword Coast are metropolitan melting pots, centers of varying cultures and unique fusions of identity. The older generations of adventurers are gradually fading into obscurity...
...all but one.
A helmed Knight known as the Paladin Primarch is encouraging the next generation of heroes to take up arms against the ancient evils of the world, a return to simpler times when you knew your cause was just and righteous.
Will you join in the crusade?
There are different experiences for each Session's groups, but kids will have the same questions to explore during the Winter Season of Kids D&D, which will run for 12 weeks.
For kids, ages 8-18, who want to learn to play or already love to play Dungeons & Dragons. There will be a max of 6 kids in each group and one very experienced and friendly Game Master.
The events will take place at Illusive Comics & Games, 1270 Franklin Mall, Santa Clara in Franklin Square. The phone number is 408-985-7481.
New players will be given a pre-generated character, and more experienced players will learn to roll a character. The campaigns will be based upon 5th Edition D&D and run the length of the quarter. The kids will only need a pencil and a set of dice. We have dice available at our shops.
Gamers will learn to work together as a team, practicing creative problem solving and growing their imaginations.
Guardians do not need to stay during the event, unless their children need assistance. Guardians do need to return promptly at the end of the gaming. We have plenty of seating for the parents in our shop, along with Wi-Fi and movies. We also have reading material (we ARE a comic shop after all), as well as beverages and snacks for purchase.
There will be a $5 fee for each minute Guardians are late for pick up, starting 5 minutes after the event has ended.
STRICT RULES OF CONDUCT:
- No attacking other characters. The children and their characters should always play together, not at odds.
- No throwing, cursing, or yelling (except out of joy)
- Children that have a difficult time moderating their emotions should have their aide or parent attend the sessions with them.
- Skipped sessions cannot be made up by attending another group
- Any act of violence or verbal abuse will lead to immediate ejection from the group. There will be no refunds.
- We know that it can be emotionally involving for some, but this is a game. The most important thing is that everyone is having fun.
Keep in mind there are no make up sessions--if you miss a Saturday, you cannot drop by a Monday session to make it up.