Dungeons & Dragons Summer Camp 2020 (Online)
PLEASE ENROLL ONLY ONE CHILD AT A TIME. (All enrollment must be done online.)
Summer Camp is for kids, ages 8-18. Camp runs weekly, Monday through Friday, from 2:30pm-5:30pm. There will be a max of 6 kids in each group and one very experienced and friendly Game Master.
The events will take place ONLINE via Roll20 and Discord. We will send the needed links before Camp is held.
We are an inclusive Game Space and actively welcome gamers who are LGBTQ and those on the ASD Spectrum. Parents, Therapists and Aides are welcome to be here for children that need support.
For all games we will teach Gamer Etiquette, Strategy and Creative Thinking.
If you have any questions not answered by the information herein, please feel free to contact the owner, Anna Cebrian, Founder and CEO of Illusive Comics & Games, LLC and Isle of Gamers.
Dungeons & Dragons
D&D will have a ratio of 1 Teacher per 6 Kids. Cost of the camp includes all gaming materials needed- a set of Dice, a Dice Bag, and Minis to keep.
• Learn to Play/ Intro Level: Gamers will start with pre-made characters and learn about dice-rolling, what a Dungeon Master does, how to follow a story and work with other players to go on a journey that will be directed by their Camp Teacher. Gamers will get to create their own character if they would like.
• Intermediate Level: The theme will be Pokemon. Gamers will roll a character and each week go on increasingly challenging adventures. Intermediate/Advanced level gamers can join any week or play all summer long. The Dungeon Master will bring new gamers up to speed at the beginning of each week's session.
• Learn to be a Dungeon Master: Players will learn the following-
>Group Dynamics: what to do when one or two players cause trouble for the rest.
>World building (player interaction): how to synch overarching themes with minute details.
>Game mechanics: work with what you know best, slowly introduce the rest!
>Character deaths: (planned vs unplanned) how to tie in character death into world building and game mechanics
>DM powers: (Less is More) storyline uncertainty vs game breaking
STRICT RULES OF CONDUCT:
- No attacking other characters. The gamers and their characters should always play together, not at odds.
- No throwing, cursing, or yelling (except out of joy)
- Attendees that have a difficult time moderating their emotions should have their aide or parent attend the sessions with them.
- Missed days cannot be made up by attending another group.
- Any act of violence will lead to immediate ejection from the group and there will be no refunds. Any verbal abuse will receive a single warning and a parent/guardian will need to attend for the remainder of the session.
- We know that it can be emotionally involving for some, but these are games. The most important thing is that everyone is having fun.
- Electronics should stay in gamer's pockets or bags as they distract kids from Camp.
- Gamers should stay with their Teacher in the shop and not wander around interacting with non-Campers and non-Staff. We cannot vet the customers in our store, so it's very important Campers stay with their Teacher.