Role Playing Games Summer Camp 2020 (Online)
PLEASE ENROLL ONLY ONE CHILD AT A TIME. You can enroll one child for multiple sessions in an order.
Summer Camp is for kids, ages 8-18. Camp runs weekly, Monday through Friday, for 3 hour sessions- Pacific Standard Time. There will be a max of 6 kids in each group and one very experienced and friendly Game Master. The events will take place ONLINE via Roll20 and Discord. We will send the links and more info before Camp is held.
Cost of the camp includes all gaming materials needed- a set of Dice, a Dice Bag, and Minis to keep which parents can choose to pick up the week before camp or contact us to have the items mailed.
• "Learn to Play D&D": Gamers will start with pre-made characters and learn about dice-rolling, what a Dungeon Master does, how to follow a story and work with other players to go on a journey that will be directed by their Camp Teacher. Gamers will get to create their own character if they would like.
• "Intermediate Level": Gamers will roll a character and each week go on increasingly challenging adventures.
• "D&D&Pokemon" (also Intermediate Level): the Dungeon Master will bring new gamers up to speed at the beginning of each week's session if gamers were not in previous week sessions. This is D&D in the Pokemon Universe.
• "Fungal Kingdom" (Intermediate Level): players already in Illusive Comics Roll20 games may bring their character into this game. Fungal Kingdom: a 5th Edition Classic Videogame RPG is designed to take a nostalgic look at the iconic video games of the past and bring those adventures to life in your 5th Edition Fantasy campaigns. This game covers the incursion of the Turtle Legions into the peaceful Fungal Kingdoms. The Turtle Legions have a variety of lethal troops at their disposal, ranging from the lowliest turtle trooper all the way up to the imposing Turtle Tyrant himself! Unfortunately for the hapless residents of the Fungal Kingdom, there are no plucky plumbers available to save the day. This means that your heroes are going to have to step up and help out! Luckily there are a variety of helpful items available, from the ubiquitous enlarging mushroom and fire-throwing flower to the rare and powerful resurrection mushroom.
• "Learn to be a Dungeon Master": Players will learn the following-
>Group Dynamics: what to do when one or two players cause trouble for the rest.
>World building (player interaction): how to synch overarching themes with minute details.
>Game mechanics: work with what you know best, slowly introduce the rest!
>Character deaths: (planned vs unplanned) how to tie in character death into world building and game mechanics
>DM powers: (Less is More) storyline uncertainty vs game breaking
• "Learn to Play Pathfinder": Frequently called D&D 3.5, Pathfinder is similar, but also very different from D&D. If your kid wants to broaden their RPG repertoire, this is a great new game for them to learn. This event will use 1st Edition.
- Children that have a difficult time moderating their emotions should have their aide or parent near them during the sessions.
- Please make sure your children are not being distracted with other electronics while they are playing- it is important they pay attention throughout the session.
Keep in mind there are no make up sessions and we do not offer refunds if your child dislikes the event or fellow players. We will do all we can to remedy any group situation that causes any upset.
We are an inclusive Game Space and actively welcome gamers who are LGBTQ and those on the ASD Spectrum. Parents, Therapists and Aides are welcome to be here for children that need support.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the owner, Anna Cebrian.
Below are the classes that still have space left---